Over a year into our food blog, here’s where we stand from passive income. I’m sharing with you a food blog income report that includes income, expenses, profit, as well as details on sweat equity for maintaining this blog as a side hustle.
We have reached our goal of making over $500 a month consistently. It’s pretty exciting to see how your hard work pays off. Sure, right now it’s like making pennies per month if you compare the sweat equity I put into it.
However, “learning HOW TO make money” along with devising how to use “software” to help is something I enjoy doing as a hobby. I had never realized it before until now. Some people enjoy photography for fun, working out for fun, gaming for fun – I like to do all of those with the ability to monetize. While it might sound bad to you, I literally have come to the realization that outside of hanging out with my family and doing stuff with them, learning how to monetize things is ENJOYABLE for me. It’s the “how to” and understanding the mechanics of doing it that is fun for me. Making a profit is just a outcome/benefit of that.
I hope this helps you understand my mindset. I have just come to this realization myself. Some of you might be turned off with that, and that’s totally okay.
Planned Work and New Strategies
In this section, I talk about whether I was able to implement what I said I would do in the last month.
1. Continue Consistent Content Creation
This month has been pretty terrible for me when it comes to content creation. I wrote three pieces. My goal is to create 10 more this month so I can have a total of 100 posts on the blog.
2. New Group Boards
I’m literally out of pins for my mom’s blog. It’s easy work to do to go add them to Tailwind, but I’m prioritizing my time on YouTube for my lifestyle blog, so this is definitely taking a backseat for now.
I can’t stress this enough – I use Notion as my To Do list for EVERYTHING. This is literally how I plan things – monthly and quarterly goals. I cannot do daily or weekly because I can never commit to getting them done. So far, this is working.
New Blogging Strategies Outside of Planned Work
None. I’m just continuing to churn out content right now.
The Blog Metrics and Numbers
Traffic & SEO Report:
- Blog Posts Published This Month: 3
- Total Blog Posts So Far: 90
- Number of Hours Writing Blog Posts: average around 2.5 hours per post
- Number of Newsletter Subscribers: 249 (up from 186)
- This Month Sessions (last 30 days): 32,348 (up from 26,434)
- This Month Page Views (last 30 days): 39,517 (up from 32,315)
- This Month’s SEMRUsh Keywords (for the United States): 5,801 (up from 4,285)
- Affiliate Income (Amazon): $39.44
- Mediavine Income: $654.28
- July RPM: $20.17 (up from $19.34)
Total Blog Income: $693.72
If there are multiple sites that heavily leverage that specific tool, I’ll share that expense across those brands and divide it out by duration so you can see the cost for that tool specifically for that brand. While I paid the price upfront in one payment for these, I wanted to include the costs over the course of the months to correlate to income reported by month.
- Bigscoots Hosting: $24.75 per month
- Drip Email Management: $12.50 per month
- Adobe Creative Cloud: $13.25 per month
- Shutterstock: $10 per month
- Deposit Photos: $3.16 per month
- Thrive: $5 per month
- Tailwind App: $17.48 per month
Total July Expenses: $86.14
July Blog Net Profit:
The net profit on this blog for this month for about 2.5 hours x 3 blog posts is $607.58.
Strategies for Next Month
Strategies That I Plan On Continuing
Continue Consistent Content Creation
100 blog posts by end of Q3 is my plan.
New Strategies That I Plan on Implementing
None. My fingers to the keyboard and just continue writing content.
MONTHLY INCOME REPORT EMAIL
Follow my mom/lifestyle blog and the income I make from it.
I'm sharing with you my income journey with the mom blog I started in 2009 every month. You'll also become a VIP member and get access to the Vault Resource Library where you'll gain access to freebies and downloads to help you on our journey!
I love spoiling my subscribers!
Once subscribed, I will send you a newsletter each week about new blogging strategies, tips, and updates on new income reports!
Other Blog Income Reports You Might Like
- Inception to 6 Month Blog Income Report
- Month 7 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 8 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 9 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 10 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 11 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 12 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 13 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 14 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 15 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 16 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 17 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 18 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 19 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 20 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 21 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 22 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 23 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 24 of New Food Blog Income Report