This is a blog income report for month 11 of a food blog. I’m sharing with you the strategies I used this month as well as the income, pageviews, and our future strategies so you can be inspired and getting started on your own platform.
We’ve been consistently writing content week after week now. For those of you that are new to my food blog income reports, please know that I’m sharing these to help new bloggers be inspired on the potential. At one point, I was wondering, “Why the heck am I even doing this?”
I’ll be honest, I’m pretty sure I’m averaging like $2 per hour for my blog. However, like I mentioned before, blogging has taught me so much more than just making an income creating content online. I’ve been able to actually apply some of the lessons I’ve learned around the blogging business in my current career in corporate IT.
For those of you that are starting this journey, I want you to know that blogging as a hobby and as a career can teach you so much about yourself as well as technology as a whole. That’s something you can’t really put a price on.
Planned Work and New Strategies
In this section, I talk about whether I was able to implement what I said I would do in the last month. This is important because it tells you whether I keep up with my plans or go “squirreling” like most bloggers do sometimes.
#1. Continue Consistent Content Creation
I’ve continued to create content this month. I know the latest Google Algorithm change has impacted me quite a bit, knocked us down a ton. However, I’m committed to creating content.
#2. New Group Boards
I actually purchased Tailwind for this food blog account. Since I had an account already, it was just an add-on for this account. I’m now pinning 20 pins automated per day. I’ve also been accepted into a couple of group boards, which I attribute to using Pin Groupie to helping find.
I’m making money now people! It’s averaging about $12 RPM, which is lower than my lifestyle blog.
#4. Using a Google Spreadsheet for Kanban Board
I’ve decided to use Google Spreadsheets to now track all my ideas and progress for publishing. It’s just easier.
I’ve debated on paying someone to create a cookbook from the recipes I already have on the blog. I’m just afraid to get a quote for it.
New Blogging Strategies Outside of Planned Work
Because I purchased Income School this month the same month I got accepted to Mediavine, I’ve been binging on their content and learning a lot.
#1. Income School
I’m using the Income School strategies, and they are absolutely working. They just released a course on optimizing for snippets. I’ve been using them, and they have been working! Watch their YouTube video on snippets, it is pretty much almost what they teach in the course.
#2. Video Content on Mediavine and YouTube
I have yet to create new video content. I just don’t have enough time with managing 3 blogs and a corporate career.
I’ve created a Trello board to document my goals for this specific blog.
The Blog Metrics and Numbers
Traffic & SEO Report:
- Blog Posts Published This Month: 6 (half of last month)
- Total Blog Posts So Far: 83
- Number of Hours Writing Blog Posts: average around 2.5 hours per post
- Number of Newsletter Subscribers: 147 (I still can’t believe they are trickling in)
- This Month Sessions (last 30 days): 26,481
- Last Month Sessions: 24,767
- This Month Page Views (last 30 days): 32,771
- Last Month Pageviews: 31,264 (Almost Double)
- This Month’s SEMRUsh Keywords (for the United States): 2,340 (decreased, probably due to the Google update)
- Last Month’s SEMRush Keywords (for United States): 2,574
- Bigscoots Hosting: $24.75 per month*
- Drip Email Management: $12.50 per month*
- Deposit Photos: $38 one time
- Thrive: $60 annual*
- Tailwind App: $98
I am not counting the food costs for recipes because my mom was going to make the food if I came over anyway! If there is an asterisk next to the cost, it’s because it is being cost-shared with my other blogs that I manage.
- Affiliate Income (Amazon): $17.10
- Mediavine Income: $340.00
- May RPM: $12.89
Same as last month, my hope is that I can net around $15 RPM as an ultimate goal with my traffic continuing to spike as I create content. My content isn’t even a year old, so I have some hope that it will continue a solid hockey stick trajectory.
Strategies for Next Month
Strategies That I Plan On Continuing
Continue Consistent Content Creation
To get to 100 blog posts at the end of the quarter ending on July 31, I need to at least create 9 pieces of blog content. I have the topics, I just need the time to continue writing.
New Strategies That I Plan on Implementing
Bulk Creating Pinterest Pins
Watch this video on how I bulk create my pins for every blog post:
My Favorite Online Blogging Resources or Things I Learned This Month
- Blog posts take about 8 months to rank, so if my blog posts are younger than that, it still has time. That means that I shouldn’t be disappointed yet!
- Consistency is the name of the game. Continue to show up and write, and you’ll succeed.
This month was fairly boring. I made money, but I worked my tail off. My goal is to continue this same level of work effort, but hopefully my income from this will continue to skyrocket.
MONTHLY INCOME REPORT EMAIL
Follow my mom/lifestyle blog and the income I make from it.
I'm sharing with you my income journey with the mom blog I started in 2009 every month. You'll also become a VIP member and get access to the Vault Resource Library where you'll gain access to freebies and downloads to help you on our journey!
I love spoiling my subscribers!
Once subscribed, I will send you a newsletter each week about new blogging strategies, tips, and updates on new income reports!
Other Blog Income Reports You Might Like
- Inception to 6 Month Blog Income Report
- Month 7 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 8 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 9 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 10 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 11 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 12 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 13 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 14 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 15 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 16 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 17 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 18 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 19 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 20 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 21 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 22 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 23 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 24 of New Food Blog Income Report