This is a food blog income report for month 20. I’m sharing this with you to inspire those of you who want to start your own online platform.
This is such a great time for me to show you a blog income report. Since it is early February, you’ll notice that my income dipped this month. Generally, what happens is that advertisers pull back on spending because (1) the holidays are over and (2) they are busy planning their budgets for the year.
Income from advertising for the blog isn’t necessarily always an incremental steady climb. There are lows and highs.
If you’ve read my VERY FIRST blog income report back in January of 2020, I was in month 6 of this report. For me, this is very much a side hustle and additional income in addition to my full-time career.
Initially, I had thought I wanted it full-time. It turns out, I actually just LOVE the process of learning. I still love my job because I can do things that I’ve learned, but at scale, which I probably wouldn’t be able to do as a solo entrepreneur (or it would just take time to do it at that level).
Right now, I’m content as having this as a side hustle where the intent is for me to enjoy learning about this industry as a hobby that makes money.
Planned Work and New Strategies
#1. Continue Consistent Content Creation
My mom has slowed down sending me photos. I’ve been teaching her how to take photos of food, you guys don’t know how tough that is! Teaching my mom how to get angles of food, placing it near natural light, and using her iPhone for photos is torture as I Facetime her. It’s fun too 🙂
#2. Pinning Weekly
I’ve been pinning weekly, and she’s gotten 555 subscribers so far.
New Blogging Strategies Outside of Planned Work
I am not implementing any new blog strategies for this specific blog. The only thing potentially is creating an Amazon Kindle Published book, but I just don’t have the cycles to complete that with spring coming up and kids extracurriculars.
The Blog Metrics and Numbers
Traffic & SEO Report:
- Blog Posts Published This Month: 5
- Total Blog Posts So Far: 118
- Number of Hours Writing Blog Posts: average around 1.5 hours per post (now reduced down after doing this 100+ times)
- Number of Newsletter Subscribers: 894 (up from 845)
- This Month Sessions (last 30 days): 60,905 (down from 67,405)
- This Month Page Views (last 30 days): 74,418 (down from 81,298)
- This Month’s SEMRush Keywords (for the United States): 10,462 (up from 9,518)
- Affiliate Income (Amazon Associates): $27.92
- Mediavine Income: $1,312.61 (up from $1,269.67)
Total Income for February: $1,340.53 (down from $1,484.49)
If there are multiple sites that heavily leverage that specific tool, I’ll share that expense across those brands and divide it out by duration so you can see the cost for that tool specifically for that brand. While I paid the price upfront in one payment for these, I wanted to include the costs over the course of the months to correlate to income reported by month.
- Bigscoots Hosting: $24.75 per month
- Drip Email Management: $12.50 per month
- Adobe Creative Cloud: $13.25 per month
- Shutterstock: $10 per month
- Deposit Photos: $3.16 per month
- Thrive: $5 per month
Total February Expenses: $68.66
February Blog Net Profit
The net profit on this blog for this month for a single blog post is: $1,271.87.
Strategies for Next Month
I’m in a new role at work, so I probably won’t be posting as often. I should, but just don’ t have the mental capacity. I have my quarterly goals in Notion, and it says by end of Q1 (March), I should have 115 blog posts (I was shooting for 1 a week). I’ve surpassed that!
I also am trying to keep up with my competitors that I track using Feedly. The one guy that I’m trying to beat in terms of content has 183 articles. He’s my motivation because I’m so competitive.
Summary of Food Blog Income Report for Month 20
It’s not the best of months for the blog income, but it SOMETHING!
MONTHLY INCOME REPORT EMAIL
Follow my mom/lifestyle blog and the income I make from it.
I'm sharing with you my income journey with the mom blog I started in 2009 every month. You'll also become a VIP member and get access to the Vault Resource Library where you'll gain access to freebies and downloads to help you on our journey!
I love spoiling my subscribers!
Once subscribed, I will send you a newsletter each week about new blogging strategies, tips, and updates on new income reports!
Other Blog Income Reports You Might Like
- Inception to 6 Month Blog Income Report
- Month 7 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 8 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 9 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 10 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 11 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 12 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 13 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 14 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 15 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 16 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 17 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 18 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 19 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 20 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 21 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 22 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 23 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 24 of New Food Blog Income Report