This is a food blog income report for month 19. I wanted to share with you this report so that you are inspired to continue your journey on online marketing if you choose this as a side hustle that you can turn into a profitable venture.
I can’t believe that this food blog is on it’s 19th month right now. This food blog started as a passion project where I could share my mom’s recipes online while also experimenting with blogging in a very narrow niche. I can conclude that now that it has been consistently making over $1,000 a month in re-occuring income with less than 4 hours of work a month, it has been successful for the amount of work that’s been put in.
Planned Work and New Strategies
#1. Continue Consistent Content Creation
My mom is still sending me photos of the food she cooks, her ratio of ingredients, and I’m doing the research on the recipe to create a blog post that will hopefully rank. We’ve got a Notion spreadsheet where I track the ideas for the blog, things I have content images for, and projects I should be working on.
#2. Figuring Out How to Manually Pin
I’ve gotten rid of Tailwind and now exclusively using Pinterest to pin up to 50 pins a week.
New Blogging Strategies Outside of Planned Work
There are currently no new strategies I’m implementing because
The Blog Metrics and Numbers
Traffic & SEO Report:
- Blog Posts Published This Month: 4
- Total Blog Posts So Far: 113
- Number of Hours Writing Blog Posts: average around 1.5 hours per post (now reduced down after doing this 100+ times)
- Number of Newsletter Subscribers: 845
- This Month Sessions (last 30 days): 67,405
- This Month Page Views (last 30 days): 81,298
- This Month’s SEMRush Keywords (for the United States): 9,518
- Affiliate Income (Amazon Associates): $214.82
- Mediavine Income: $1,269.67
Total Income for January: $1,484.49
If there are multiple sites that heavily leverage that specific tool, I’ll share that expense across those brands and divide it out by duration so you can see the cost for that tool specifically for that brand. While I paid the price upfront in one payment for these, I wanted to include the costs over the course of the months to correlate to income reported by month.
- Bigscoots Hosting: $24.75 per month
- Drip Email Management: $12.50 per month
- Adobe Creative Cloud: $13.25 per month
- Shutterstock: $10 per month
- Deposit Photos: $3.16 per month
- Thrive: $5 per month
Total January Expenses: $68.66
January Blog Net Profit
The net profit on this blog for this month for a single blog post is: $1,415.83.
Strategies for Next Month
In the previous posts, I’ve told you that I was planning on making an Amazon Kindle Publishing cook book, but I’ve failed miserably here. I think we may be a year out until I have time to create the design for it. I should honestly just hire this out, but I plan on pricing it at around $29.99 for a physical book.
Summary of Food Blog Income Report for Month 19
It’s been a good month. I know that the income in the months post Q4 seasonal sales will definitely be lower as brands start to figure out what they plan on budgeting for the new year.
MONTHLY INCOME REPORT EMAIL
Follow my mom/lifestyle blog and the income I make from it.
I'm sharing with you my income journey with the mom blog I started in 2009 every month. You'll also become a VIP member and get access to the Vault Resource Library where you'll gain access to freebies and downloads to help you on our journey!
I love spoiling my subscribers!
Once subscribed, I will send you a newsletter each week about new blogging strategies, tips, and updates on new income reports!
Other Blog Income Reports You Might Like
- Inception to 6 Month Blog Income Report
- Month 7 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 8 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 9 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 10 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 11 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 12 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 13 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 14 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 15 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 16 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 17 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 18 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 19 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 20 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 21 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 22 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 23 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 24 of New Food Blog Income Report