This is a food blog income report for month 16 . I wanted to share with you this report so that you are inspired to continue your journey on online marketing if you choose this as a side hustle that you can turn into a profitable venture.
I’m still in shock after all this time that a cooking blog based off of my childhood dinner table has taken off. It’s unbelievable the opportunity online marketing has provided for pretty much anyone.
As a seasoned blogger, I know that October is when Q4 starts ramping up for ads. That means, generally during this time of year, companies are spending a ton more money on ads to get rid of their “budgets” by end of year (and hopefully showcasing they need more budget for next year). That means that ad revenues are generally going to start bumping to 2x and even 3x earned amounts.
I’m excited to compare the cooking blog with my lifestyle blog to see the differences. I do know that the cooking/recipe blog commands less of of a RPM than my lifestyle blog. I totally get that, but it’s kind of bumming me out to see the drastic differences in income generated from two blogs I pour my heart in soul in.
With that said, what you can learn from this single data point is that choosing a niche is very important to the profitability of your site. I will say that even though my lifestyle blog gets more revenue per page view, it did take a while for that blog to actually take off as compared to the cooking blog.
Planned Work and New Strategies
#1. Continue Consistent Content Creation
Write, write, write. I cannot state this enough and how important this is. A lot of us can get into the rabbit hole of just reading how to do things, when you just need to take the time to write content.
#2. Pinterest Tailwind
I’ve been using Adobe XD in order to create more pinnable images (YouTube video on how I do that here). Pinterest doesn’t drive much traffic for me honestly, but it’s my second biggest driver, so I’m determined to put a little bit of effort (versus none at all).
New Blogging Strategies Outside of Planned Work
I have no new blogging strategies, just churning content using Notion as my go to “To Do” list of choice.
The Blog Metrics and Numbers
Traffic & SEO Report:
- Blog Posts Published This Month: 1
- Total Blog Posts So Far: 101
- Number of Hours Writing Blog Posts: average around 2.5 hours per post
- Number of Newsletter Subscribers: 563
- This Month Sessions (last 30 days): 42,845 (up from 38,810)
- This Month Page Views (last 30 days): 51,865 (up from 47,334)
- This Month’s SEMRush Keywords (for the United States): 8,594 (up from 7,052)
- Affiliate Income (Amazon Associates): $26.27
- Mediavine Income: $1,228.91
Total Income for October: $1,255.18
If there are multiple sites that heavily leverage that specific tool, I’ll share that expense across those brands and divide it out by duration so you can see the cost for that tool specifically for that brand. While I paid the price upfront in one payment for these, I wanted to include the costs over the course of the months to correlate to income reported by month.
- Bigscoots Hosting: $24.75 per month
- Drip Email Management: $12.50 per month
- Adobe Creative Cloud: $13.25 per month
- Shutterstock: $10 per month
- Deposit Photos: $3.16 per month
- Thrive: $5 per month
- Tailwind App: $17.48 per month
Total October Expenses: $86.14
October Blog Net Profit:
The net profit on this blog for this month for a single blog post is: $1,169.04.
Strategies for Next Month
I literally have no more new strategies at all except for writing content and making sure that I write any crazy ideas down using Notion. Notion has been my go to task list and I absolutely love it.
Summary of Food Blog Income Report for Month 16
It’s been pretty amazing to have a blog income report that has now hit over $1,000 per month. I am so excited, and over the moon happy that something I did with my mom can pretty much. be shared with the world (and making some chump change with it).
MONTHLY INCOME REPORT EMAIL
Follow my mom/lifestyle blog and the income I make from it.
I'm sharing with you my income journey with the mom blog I started in 2009 every month. You'll also become a VIP member and get access to the Vault Resource Library where you'll gain access to freebies and downloads to help you on our journey!
I love spoiling my subscribers!
Once subscribed, I will send you a newsletter each week about new blogging strategies, tips, and updates on new income reports!
Other Blog Income Reports You Might Like
- Inception to 6 Month Blog Income Report
- Month 7 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 8 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 9 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 10 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 11 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 12 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 13 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 14 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 15 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 16 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 17 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 18 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 19 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 20 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 21 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 22 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 23 of New Food Blog Income Report
- Month 24 of New Food Blog Income Report